Photo: Angela Gittins at ACI Europe’s General Assembly in Brussels earlier this year.
Airports Council International (ACI) World and Halifax International Airport Authority will host the inaugural ACI Customer Excellence Global Summit at the Halifax Convention Centre on September 12 and 13.
The Global Summit will provide delegates the opportunity to learn, collaborate and network with like-minded airport representatives from around the world who strive to provide excellence in customer relations and service.
The theme of the event is “delivering the best experience” and the programme content is dedicated to raising the bar in airport service excellence.
Media are invited to attend specific sessions during the event and will also have the opportunity to interview senior representatives of international organizations, airports and key stakeholders from across the world:
Summit Day 1 (12 September)
- Keynote address by Shashank Nigam, Founder and CEO of SimpliFlying, will explore the business case for investing in airport customer experience,
- Insights from ASQ award winning airport CEOs on how customer experience excellence is achieved, maintained and lessons learned along the journey of success,
- How airports maintain customer satisfaction through times of disruption such as major events, construction and emergencies,
- The prestigious ASQ Awards ceremony and gala dinner recognizing the best airports in the world.
Summit Day 2 (13 September)
- Keynote address by Brian Shapiro, President, Shapiro Communications, on how airports can create better experiences,
- A session presenting case studies as to how airports ensure the best experience for all passengers with reduced mobility and hidden disabilities,
- A panel exploring how passenger experience technology is shaping the customer journey.
This year’s event will also see the release of a major new ACI publication:
- As part of its drive towards improving the experience for all passengers at airports, Airports Council International (ACI) World will launch an updated edition of its Airports and Persons with Disabilities Handbook.